Find below the course Outline for this course:
- What is Heliculture
- Benefit of rearing snails
- General lifecycle and nature of snails growth
- Types of snails and the best for food and commercial rearing
- Snail feeding – formulating snails foods locally
- Best management practices in a snail farm
- Constructing snail hutches and different types of snail housing
- Breeding and Rearing your snails to table size.
- Harvesting your snails and value addition as well as packaging for sales
- Picking snails from the wild for the peak season and the business of rearing snails all season compared.
- Students activities: share your snailery projects.